This change is going live today.  Direct UDP heartbeats from Half-Life 1
servers will no longer be supported.  You must update your server to get the
latest Steam binaries, which support the new protocol.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Alfred Reynolds
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:28 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
(hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com); h...@list.valvesoftware.com;
hlds_annou...@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds_linux] Half-Life 1 dedicated server update released

We have released an update to Half-Life 1 dedicated servers. This update fixes
a potential vulnerability in the challenge/response protocol uses for out of
band queries (in particular A2S_RULES and A2S_PLAYERS responses). The update
also fixes sprays not functioning correctly when new users join a server.

Also as a reminder, we will be disabling the older heartbeating protocol later
this week so you need to update to be listed on the master server. This change
only effect the server side, any clients (i.e server list generators or
management tools) will be unaffected by this change.

- Alfred