Joe,

>IE.
>The one in deferred rollin state is G0049V00
>whereas the (say) 2 entries are G0934V00 and G0935V00
This could happen if G0049V00 was restored by DFSMSdss
after it had rolled out of the GDG and the number of
generations was already at the limit or the TGTGDS
parameter was set or allowed to default to DEFERRED.
I remember the alter rollin command because DSS did
not have TGTGDS parameter when SMS came out. I remember
the TGTGDS parameter because I had to do alot of alter
rollin commands. Two different scars that I have collected
over the years.

>Figure i'll change to the Z000V00 format as it may save confusion for
>anyone that doesn't spot the oh instead of zero and spends hours listing
>the base and trying to find out what the problem is.
>
>On the other hand.........it may be a good test of one's diagnostic skills

>(only kiddin' - I wouldn't do that to a brother dinosaur (well there are a

>couple of..))
I am the one in greatest need of protection from my own actions.
Regards,
John