Finally, I got a tool with which I can manage the messages, contacts & files
in my N95 with Ubuntu.

This
tool<http://series60-remote.sourceforge.net/index.php?module=Content&func=view&pid=7&lang=en>is
simply awesome and available for Debian, Fedora, Windows & MacOS. It's
based on Python and needs a
client<http://series60-remote.sourceforge.net/counter/getfile.php?id=24>to
be installed in your mobile. You need to install
PyS60 <http://sourceforge.net/projects/pys60/files/pys60/> as well on your
mobile. I used PythonForS60_1_4_5_3rdEd.sis for my N95 8GB since that was
the latest available release. It uses sqlite or MySql in the backend for
storing messages/contacts etc.

Apart from these, I had to install obexftp & python-obexftp [both available
in Synaptic] as well.

Once all the required software are installed in your PC & in your mobile,
you should initiate a bluetooth pairing between PC and Mobile and then open
S60-remote in your mobile. I guess only bluetooth connectivity works as of
now and you can not use USB mode yet. The client needs to be running all the
time so you can not close it in your mobile but minimize it by pressing Menu
key.

Then, open up Applications -> Internet -> Series60-Remote in your Ubuntu.

The application will list all available bluetooth devices.

Select your mobile from the list and click Next.

Application will ask if you want to push the client and PyS60 to your mobile
if not done already. Ignore that and click next since we have them installed
already.

After couple of screenshots explaining how to use the mobile client,
application will connect to the phone and Ta-Da!

You'll see the phone is connected to the PC and it shows the battery and
signal level of your phone.

>From the left panel you can create a new message, manage contacts & files,
see device information etc.

To see existing messages, you need to select 'View history' from Messages
menu.

Once a new message come in to your mobile, the Series60-Remote in your
Ubuntu will show a popup, just like a gtalk or skype chat popup, and ask if
you want to continue as chat.

The app seems pretty neat, simple, fast and does a wonderful job.
Unfortunately, this is available only for Symbian60 mobiles though! But
still, great work by the developer.

So, those who have Symbian & using Ubuntu/Fedora/Mac or those who are not
happy with the super slow message management in Ovi Suite, this app is
exactly for you guys - GO FOR IT.

Cheers,
Jeeva

--