Hi,

Other day I was writing a small pro-active system monitoring script in
Ruby, and I forgot to close my IO pipe for pgrep command, every time I
checked my system status.
So after a day, there were more than 32,000 zombie pgrep processes. I could
only run bash commands and nothing else.

I could only find out number of processes due to bash-completion in /proc/
directory.
So I had to reboot my system.

However my concern is, in a case like this, is there a way we could, find,
kill the processes by just using bash utilities.? I tried Googling it, and
found a couple of answers, but I am sure you would have run into such
situations before.

--

Thank you...

*Amar Akshat (アマール)*

 *"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy
if both are frozen."*