Rooting an android device is not straight foward yes or no. As tech savvy
individuals of this forum, we would say yes. But android is not desktop
linux where you may want to control every thing. Android is consumption
device, giving chance to user to consume voice conversations with friends
or facebook. Few brave souls will always root their devices and some will
even go further and install cynogen mod which is whole custom build. As my
understanding goes google discourges rooting. Sadly manufactures of devices
don't provide upgrades which devices are capable of cornering consumers to
rooting and unofficial builds corner