On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM, FRDManiac Parin <frdman...@f-m.fm> wrote:
> MediaGoblin[1] is a free software media publishing platform that anyone
> can run. You can think of it as a decentralized alternative to Flickr,
> YouTube, SoundCloud, etc. It's also:

<http://docs.mediagoblin.org/> states "GNU MediaGoblin is a platform
for sharing photos, video and other media in an environment that
respects our freedom and independence."

Both this statement and, the segment in your original email fail to
simply describe what it does. "Free software media publishing
platform"/ "decentralized alternative" may be obvious to technically
aware users or, hackers. It isn't so obvious at a mass scale (and,
neither is it easily localized). I'd request that when creating a
tagline, it be kept simple.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>