On Monday, March 24, 2008, 11:32:26, Andrew P. Kaplan wrote:
> I have two boxes one with minimal spam protection and a second with
> tighter filters. The first box is offered free of charge the second is
> available to paying customers.
>
> The problem is that many customers have redirect to say comcast.net and
> others on the free box. When they get spammed this Imagate box is
> blacklisted. Mail of course is delivered to my Imail box, but OTHER
> people that have redirects to comcast and others don't receive their
> email.
>
> I am considering forcing any domain on the free box that has a redirects
> to external mailserver to sign up for my paid spam service.
>
> Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Personally  I  don't  see  anything  wrong with requiring spam filtering
before being allowed to forward to somewhere else.

That  being  said;  for new users signing up theres no issue. Here's the
terms, if they're unacceptable to you then please look elsewhere.

For  existing users I'd present it pretty much as you did above. Explain
how  blindly  forwarding unfiltered mail can lead to a denial of service
to all users on the box and give 'em a choice of:
  * signing up for filtering
  * removing the forward
  * deleting the account

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
           "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills