Evan,

Using BE_PRINT_ERR=true (instead of 1 ;-) gives one more line that
point to the error

s...@yajug:~# beadm activate opensolaris-1
be_do_installgrub: installgrub failed for device c4t1d0s2.

c4t1d0s2 is a mirror in my zpool

s...@yajug:~# zpool status
   pool: rpool
  state: ONLINE
  scrub: resilver completed after 0h4m with 0 errors on Wed Jan 21
13:57:10 2009
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool         ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c4t0d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0  23.9M resilvered
            c4t1d0s2  ONLINE       0     0     0  4.16G resilvered

errors: No known data errors

I did not install grub (yet) on the second disk
Actually, I had a whole bunch of issues to include that disk in the
mirror because it is EFI partitioned

Any suggestion ?

Thanks for your help

---