I hope we can fix the bug, then we'll send it back to you  :-)

Khaled TLILI wrote:

Hi,

We did for you a zip Jforum. You can find src here:
http://svn.jahia.net/~pol/jforum_portlet_r46.zip

If you fix the bug, it will be nice to send us a fix ;-).

Regards,
KT.

Hakan Tekinaslan a écrit :
Hello,

It seems jForum portlet has a general foreign character problem, which doesn't occur in non-portlet jForum. Anyone else faced this problem? (Not only with MySQL, tested also with PostgreSQL and same problem occurs)

We're going to try to solve problem by working on source if we could download it.

Thanks.
Hakan

Hakan Tekinaslan wrote:
Hello Khaled,

We've tried to download source from http://svn.jahia.org/svn/jforum_portlet/trunk/ but it prevents us to download. Is there any .zip file available which we can download?

Thanks a lot
Hakan

Khaled TLILI wrote:
Hi,

You can find jforum_portlet src at this url:
http://svn.jahia.org/svn/jforum_portlet/trunk/

Source code of jforum has not been modified (only bug fix). We developped a bridge that allows to install Jforum as a portlet.

The src of the bridge is here:
http://svn.jahia.org/svn/jforum_portlet/trunk/src/org/jahia/portlet/jforum/

Mainly, JForum Portlet Bridge is a set of wrappers that allows to convert Portlet objects into Servlet Objects (ex.: ActionRequest --> HttpServletRequestWrapper(...)).

Encoding is set here:
http://svn.jahia.org/svn/jforum_portlet/trunk/src/org/jahia/portlet/jforum/JForumPortletBridge.java

public void processAction(ActionRequest request, ActionResponse response) {
       try {

*request.setCharacterEncoding(SystemGlobals.getValue(ConfigKeys.ENCODING));*
       }
       catch (UnsupportedEncodingException ex) {
           ex.printStackTrace();
       }
       logger.debug("-- Begin process method--");
       // send parameter to render request phase
       Enumeration paramsName = request.getParameterNames();

       while (paramsName.hasMoreElements()) {
           String name = (String) paramsName.nextElement();
           String[] values = request.getParameterValues(name);
           response.setRenderParameter(name, values);
           logger.debug("Found parameter in processAction method: " + name +
"," + values[0]);
       }

       //deal with file upload
       boolean isFileUpload = isMultipartContent(request);
       if (isFileUpload) {
           handleMultipartRequest(request, response);
       } else {
           logger.debug("It's no a file Upload.");
       }

       //validate procees action
       validateProcessAction(request);

       logger.debug("-- Finish process method--");

   }

Regards,

KT.

Hakan Tekinaslan a écrit :
Hello Sergiy,

We're using jForum 2.1.5 as portlet. And we're not using Jahia, we've deployed portlet into uPortal.

Thanks

Sergiy Shyrkov wrote:
Hi Hakan,

which version (and probably the build number) of Jahia do you use?

Kind regards
Sergiy

Hakan Tekinaslan schrieb:
Hello,

We're facing an encoding problem with jForum Portlet. Our MySQL database is UTF-8 and portlet's Contfiguration is set to UTF-8 too. When we post a new message or topic with these settings they are shown like ıııüğüşişçöç. When we change portlet's character enconding configuration to ISO-8859-9 (Turkish) they are shown correctly. But then we post new messages with these settings, the data is inserted wrong into database and cannot be shown properly.

So we couldn't find what to do, it doesn't work with database which is ISO-8859-9 eighter.

Can we get source code of portlet from somewhere? Or does anyone know how to solve this?

Note : We've connected a stand alone jForum application which is not portlet to the same database. It works properly and there is no encoding problem with it.

Thanks for your interest.
Hakan

*Hakan Tekinaslan*
Bilgi Teknolojisi / Uygulama Sorumlusu