Hola Steve et al!

This started out as a simple answer to your question, but got off on a rant about copying error prone pages AND plagiarism.

Steve S. wrote:
HI, I wanted to ask if you were selling the BBS files yet. Also I wanted to ask if you had any information on John W. Gulley. This is the man from Gratz Kentucky who built an electric motor for cars. I have the articles from Joe Creason but wanted to know if you had any additional information. Thank you for your time. Steve

Still working on all the files from the old BBS and the current
KeelyNet.  Its a lot of cleanup due to the formatting I used back than
to assist printing...live and learn...

You probably have the following but none link Gulley to an electric car;

I never heard of this Gulley guy, so a hunt found this very error prone
page, though for Gulley it says it was a vaporizer, not electric, though
other items on the page describe electric cars;

http://befreetech.com/energysuppression.htm

John W. Gulley - of Gratz Kentucky managed 115 mpg from his 8 cylinder
Buick using a similar vaporizing method as that employed by L.M. Beam.
"Detroit interests" bought and suppressed the device in 1950.

This site has at least one major error in confusing Keely with Tesla (I'm sure there are many others)...check out;

Magnetic Energy

John W. Keeley - developed a car in the 1920's using principles similar to Nikola Tesla's, drawing harmonic magnetic energies from the planet itself. The electric car ran from high frequency electricity that was received when he simply broadcast the re-radiated atmospheric energy from a unit on his house roof. GM and the other Detroit oil "powers" offered the inventor 35 million dollars which was turned down when they would not guarantee to market the engine. Henry Ford - later bought and successfully shelved the
invention.

***

Errors on this page though there are undoubtedly many more, these jump out at me;

1) Keely didn't use magnetic energy, he used sound and vibration to produce pressure, lift, disassociation, etc.

2) Keely never built a car

3) Keely DIED in 1898 so wouldn't be around in 1920

4) there was no 'house roof' transmitting the power to TESLAs car

5) no one has a clue about how Teslas car worked and no one has been able to duplicate the claimed demonstration parameters

6) pure drivel about 35 million being paid to buy out and supporess the car and no documentation (pure fantasy by the author) of Ford buying anything out, even Teslas' Pierce Arrow

The article this bozo confuses Keely with is Teslas' electric car demo as at;

http://www.keelynet.com/energy/teslcar.htm

http://www.keelynet.com/energy/teslafe1.htm

http://www.keelynet.com/energy/teslafe2.htm

As a further note, Tesla HATED Keely, though I have no information about Keely's feelings towards Tesla.

I fully suspect the hatred was Teslas' psychological trauma in knowing many of his inventions he ripped off Keely by viewing Keelys free demonstrations and studying descriptions of his experiments and projects fully 3 years (and more) before he EVER came out with any actual invention and demonstration.

I don't believe Teslas claims of the Goethe Faust vision in the garden of the rotating field for a minute...pure fantasy for the press and public. Totally unproveable since its his memory and he was known to be a publicity whore, sensationalizing stories and demonstrations to wow the public. That is why, despite the time of the vision, he never even BUILT IT until 3 years after he came to the states and COPIED it from Keely.

http://www.angelfire.com/tv/sarahlegend/tesla.html

Nikola Tesla was born a subject of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1856...

One day a physics teacher showed Tesla's class a new Gramme dynamo thatby employing direct currentcould be used as both a motor and a generator. After watching it for a time, Tesla suggested it might be possible to do away with a set of inefficient sparking connections known as commutators. This, his amused professor said, would be like building a perpetual motion machine!

It wasn't until age twenty-four, when Tesla was living in Budapest and working for the Central Telephone Exchange, that the answer came to him:

One afternoon, which is ever present in my recollection, I was enjoying a walk with my friend in the city park and reciting poetry. At that age I knew entire books by heart, word for word. One of these was Goethe's Faust. The sun was just setting and reminded me of a glorious passage:

The glow retreats, done is the day of toil;
It yonder hastes, new fields of life exploring;
Ah, that no wing can lift me from the soil
Upon its track to follow, follow soaring!

As I uttered these inspiring words the idea came like a flash of lightning and in an instant the truth was revealed. I drew with a stick on the sand the diagram shown six years later in my address before the American Institute of Electrical Engineers.

Born 1856, 24 years old when he had the vision (his claim, no witnesses, just his claim), 1856 + 24 = 1880. So he had this inspirational 'vision' in 1880 and didn't act on it until 1887, 7 YEARS AFTER he came to the USA and lived so close to Keelys lab where Keely had been demonstrating his rotating frequency motor since 1884! GET REAL!

You will note;

1) Keely lived in Philadelphia and was publicly active there from 1872 to his death in 1898 (spanning 26 years)

2) Tesla lived in New York, emigrating to the USA in 1884 (fully 12 years after Keely began his experiments and giving public demonstrations) and dying in 1942

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

"In 1884, when Tesla first arrived in the US, he had little besides a letter of recommendation from Charles Batchelor, his manager in his previous job."

"Nikola Tesla was of Serbian descent and a citizen of the former Yugoslavian state, today's Croatia. While conducting his work in the United States, he became a naturalized American citizen in 1891."

"In 1887, he constructed the initial brushless alternate-current induction motor, (rotating magnetic field) which he demonstrated to the American Institute of Electrical Engineers (now IEEE) in 1888. In the same year, he developed the principles of his Tesla coil and began working with George Westinghouse at Westinghouse's Pittsburgh labs. Westinghouse listened to his ideas for polyphase systems which would allow transmission of alternating current electricity over large distances."

You will note, Keely developed and demonstrated his original 'vibratory engine' in 1884, then a multiple frequency (compound motor) sonic driven engine which Tesla also copied as his 'polyphase motor' years later, so Tesla had 3 years to work on his electrical copy of Keelys' technology to copy the initial vibratory engine in 1884 to Teslas demo in 1887.

http://inventors.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.invent.org/hall%5Fof%5Ffame/1%5F1%5F6%5Fdetail.asp%3FvInventorID=143

Nikola Tesla invented the induction motor with rotating magnetic field that made unit drives for machines feasible and made AC power transmission an economic necessity.

In 1887 and 1888 Tesla had an experimental shop at 89 Liberty Street, New York, and there he invented the induction motor. He sold the invention to Westinghouse in July 1888 and spent a year in Pittsburgh instructing Westinghouse engineers.

Fully 3 years after (1887-1888) Keelys earlier public demonstration (1884);

http://www.scripophily.net/keelmotcom18.html

"John Ernst Worrell Keely was born 3 Sep 1827 and died Died 18 Nov 1898. He was considered a fraudulent American inventor. In 1873 he announced that he had discovered a new physical force that, if harnessed, would produce unheard-of power. He claimed, for example, to be able to produce from a quart of water enough fuel to move a 30-car train from Philadelphia to New York City. He began construction of an engine to perform this feat and by 1874 was able to give preliminary demonstrations of his machine. "

"At this demonstration the machine, or so much of it as was then to be exhibited, was called a "vibratory-generator"; in a later demonstration it was a "hydro-pneumatic-pulsating-vacu-engine"."

"Public interest in the Keely Motor dates from 1874."

Note Teslas alternating induction motor was 1887-1888, living 100 miles from Keely, able to attend his demonstrations and sneak around collecting information, then figuring AHA, I might be able to do this using elecricity!!!

Tesla NEVER DEMONSTRATED that rotating magnetic field motor in all his life until he came to the USA, near Keely whose researches were even known about in Europe via the media and who was using sound to drive his 'vibratory engine.'

Interesting that Tesla stayed in New York, so close to Keely who was a fountain of inspiration for Tesla to rip off.

3) It is approximately 100 miles from New York to Philadelphia, very easy to travel from one city to the other

4) Keely was all OVER the news in newspapers, magazines and periodicals due to major interest in his claims, many of which he proved in public demonstrations

5) Tesla was always a media whore and later media darling due to his quirks and flashy demonstrations

Teslas' brilliance in my opinion, despite all the myths and new age driven errors regurgitated as fact by propagators of mystery/error and members of the Tesla Church, was Tesla realizing the Keely was using frequencies generated from mechanical geometric structures. These required exquisite tuning using mechanical devices and thus needed great skill and care to maintain their desired frequency and chord relationships.

Knowing of the PRIOR 12 years of Keelys' amazing reports and public demonstrations

(before Tesla ever stepped foot in the US with his ONLY claim to fame at the time 1884, being the rotating magnetic field motor which I think was lifted from someone else in Europe, but don't have all my info together on that yet, only a suspicion by me based on Teslas penchant for plagiarism)

and wanting so badly to be acknowledged, Tesla realized he could produce electrical oscillations that would emulate many of the effects achieved by Keely, so he copied many of Keely's discoveries, without credit being given to Keely.

Instead, he hated Keely with a passion, jealous of his natural talent for research and extracting secrets long buried in this age as well as the press Keely had received during the 12 years prior to Tesla's emigration to the US and the years leading up to Keelys death in 1898.

Why would a scientist or engineer so openly HATE another scientist/engineer? The letter I've read (and need to post) says Tesla thought Keely was a conman. But as most longtime KeelyNet associates have seen in many past episodes, the rat with his tail caught in the trap, screams loudest.

Thus, Tesla doing all he could to shut down his nemesis, competition and PERVERSELY, his INSIPRATION, before Keely or others came forward with the correlations and facts regarding Teslas' ripping off Keely's work.

What intrigues me greatly is why no one picked up on this fairly blatant plagiarism OF Keely BY Tesla during all those years?

I suspect that is why Tesla grew increasingly paranoid and delusional as he grew older, afraid one day, someone would connect the dots and realize what he had done.

That most of Teslas' discoveries would be found to have been plagiarized FROM Keely, though using electrically produced oscillations rather than mechanically produced vibrations. Electricity is much easier to control and manipulate than countless versions of mechanical devices that required large amounts of money to pay for metal stock and machining costs.

Thus it was Teslas' guilt that caused his quirky personal habits and affectations...wiping and counting, absolute signs of OCD usually produced from guilt due to his absolute knowledge of his own thefts (with adaptations) of Keelys' research, sexual dysfunction, perhaps repressed homosexuality, obsession and/or frustration.

"According to psychoanalytic theory, obsessions and compulsions reflect maladaptive responses to unresolved conflicts from early stages of psychological development. The symptoms of OCD symbolize the patient's unconscious struggle for control over drives that are unacceptable at a conscious level."

"The psychoanalytic focus on the symbolic meaning of obsessions and compulsions has given way to an emphasis on the form of the symptoms: recurrent, distressing and senseless forced thoughts and actions. The content of symptoms may reveal more about what is most important to or feared by an individual (e.g., moral rectitude, children in harm's way) than why that particular individual developed OCD. Alternatively, the content (e.g., grooming and hoarding) may be related to the activation of fixed action patterns (i.e., innate complex behavioral subroutines) mediated by the brain areas involved in OCD."

Of course, Tesla Church members and those incapable of logic or correlation, totally fixated on Tesla as some kind of untouchable God will discard this entire line of reasoning, totally ignoring the clear dates and reports FROM THE TIME...preferring to buy into the new age driven mystery of the great Tesla...give me a break!

Tesla was ONE OF MANY who made great contributions to science mostly because of his IMPLEMENTATION, not DISCOVERY of new technologies.

Keely's failure was his unwillingness to convey the secrets to his discoveries that others could duplicate and USE them. It is much more difficult to do precise machining that must match highly critical tolerances and INTERACTIONS with other mechanical devices, than to build a motor/generator or an oscillator whose frequency and amplitudes you can control.

One day, I'll have to put all this together with much more documentation just to clarify history.
----------------
Another site says Gulley had a vaporizer, not electric but the site parrots the prior one so I have no confidence in either of them;

http://www.zpenergy.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1290
----------------
Yet another parrot of the same vaporizer mention;

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/feb2/bird.htm
----------------
Just shows how the Internet will copy and paste things to infinity (in this case 3 copies of the same information) with no checking on anything other than a verbatim report. If the original is in error, so too are all the copies....not good.

----------------
Found nothing under Joe Greason.

There might be something else but unless I have some idea there is a
good chance of finding something, I rarely go more than 5-10 pages deep
in a search...usually it floats to the top...<LOL>...will post to the
list and see if anyone has anything on this.

Oh, and thanks for the chance to RANT on the Tesla/Keely relationship that so many ignore or don't realize.

I'm not sure what this Gleason might have written but electric doesn't match vaporizer....but can't trust any of it at this point.

Good luck!

--
              Jerry Decker - http://www.keelynet.com
Donations to support KeelyNet: http://www.keelynet.com/donate1.htm