Indeed, John...and there are other HD2-HD3 public radio stations that
carry the BBC 24/7 or at least 50% of the time.

Musing on this a bit more, I saw Eric's mention of Reciva and was
struck by how this technology has evolved over the past ten years,
from a standalone Internet radio to wifi-enabled smartphones and
tablets.

For example, I was able to pick up a no-contract wifi-capable LG
Android phone at Walmart a few months back for $30.  Agreed, it
doesn't have robust sound, but still...$30...and it's likely that
Internet apps for Android and iOS technologies have staying power,
considering the companies (Google and Apple) behind these
technologies.  The worry is that neither Apple nor Google are
not-for-profit enterprises, so will this technology that is cheap/free
today become costly tomorrow?

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA