I didn't get this into my NASWA Easy Listening column...

"From Our Own Correspondent", a fixture on both Radio 4 and the World
Service, is celebrating its 60th anniversary, with special programming
and reflections.  There's a special anniversary program(me) hosted by
Owen-Bennett Jones, and an edition of the World Service "Over To You"
program that focuses on the program.

Best place to begin is probably the Radio 4 FOOC program website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qjlq

The World Service version of the program page is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002vsng

Through all the changes in scheduling, program streams, 9-minute
editions versus 30-minute editions, shortwave, webcast, whatnot, FOOC
stands as an effective way to leverage the peerless roster of
correspondents that is the heart of the BBC's distinctiveness.

Still worth your time, no matter how you listen...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA