--- Begin Message ---
This thread reminds me of one on this forum about three years ago regarding
appropriate el-cheapo smartphones that one doesn't use as a phone, but instead
as an WiFi internet radio appliance.  Would one still go this route (and if so,
which "phones" are the better choices now) or look to the now el-cheapo 7-inch
Android tablets (some of which can be gotten for a low as $50 for off-brand
Asian imports)?

In general I believe the Android or iOS device with TuneIn (or equivalent apps)
is probably the way to go instead of an actual internet radio device. I have an
8-inch Lenovo WiFi-only Android tablet that I bought a year ago for use on
weekends as I travel to where my wife lives and works three hours away.  This
tablet, or even the 7-inch size, seems too big for a something I might want to
have on my bedside table as an always-plugged-in, internet-enabled replacement
for a clock radio.

I am otherwise not a smart phone user (still prefer a flip phone), so wondering
what route others would recommend these days.

Kevin Anderson
Dubuque, Iowa

--- End Message ---