Most radio listening takes place in the car or while doing other things that
allow freedom for the ear, but not the eyes and hands.  Podcasts permit a shift
of listening time from a set appointment to virtually any convenient occasion.

Apart from the originating program’s web site, most programs are made available
through any number of other amalgamation sources such as iTunes and TuneIn.

——

“Catching Up with the Jetsons--Cities in 2050”
FUTURE TENSE - ABC Radio National
Fifty-four percent of the world’s population currently live in urban areas;
and, according to the UN, by 2050 that percentage will increase to around 66
percent. The urban population of the world at the mid-point of this century is
expected to be close to six-and-a-half billion people. So what will future
cities look like? How will they function and—importantly—how do we keep them
focussed on human need? This panel session was recorded at the World Science
Festival, Brisbane. (29”)
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/futuretense/catching-up-with-the-jetsons-cities-in-2050/7259002

“Cellmates"
RADIOLAB - WNYC New York Public Radio
There’s a black hole in the middle of the history of life: how did we go from
tiny bags of chemicals to the vast menagerie of creatures we see around us?  We
explore one of the most underrated mysteries of all time, and present one
possible answer that takes us from an unexpected houseguest to a tiny bolt of
lightning to every critter you hold dear. It’s the story of one cosmic oops
moment that changed the game of life forever. (31”)
http://www.radiolab.org/story/cellmates/

Good listening!

John Figliozzi
Editor, "The Worldwide Listening Guide"
New 7th edition now available from Universal Radio, Amazon and W5YI.com