Most radio listening takes place in the car or while doing other things that
allow freedom for the ear, but not the eyes and hands.  Podcasts permit a shift
of listening time from a set appointment to virtually any convenient occasion.

I do it while “power walking” (most) every other day.  The “art” of putting one
foot in front of the other can be pretty monotonous and by “podding along”
while I’m plodding along my mind gets something to do along with my body.  Some
of the best radio comes from the public networks of the UK, Australia, Ireland,
Canada, New Zealand and the U.S.  Apart from the originating program’s web
site, most programs are made available through any number of other amalgamation
sources such as iTunes and TuneIn. Here’s another in a continuing series of
small samplings:

——

“The Act of Listening”
TED RADIO HOUR - NPR
Listening — to loved ones, strangers, faraway places — is an act of generosity
and a source of discovery. In this episode, TED speakers describe how we change
when we listen deeply.  (54”)
http://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/411697251/the-act-of-listening?showDate=2016-09-02

“Canada prepared to 'push back' against anti-trade sentiment”
THE HOUSE - CBC Radio One
Trade Minister Chrystia Freeland pushes back against what she calls an
'anti-trade wave' in the U.S. and Europe, and shares the highlights of her
trade talks in China. The NDP's finance critic Guy Caron and the Conservatives'
family critic Karen Vecchio weigh in on all things economy. Plus: Michael Chong
talks his Conservative leadership bid, as well as fellow candidate Kellie
Leitch's questionable survey out this week to supporters. And Marion Buller,
the head of the national MMIW inquiry, is here as the inquiry officially
launches. (51”)
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thehouse/canada-prepared-to-push-back-against-anti-trade-sentiment-1.3745170/canada-prepared-to-push-back-against-anti-trade-sentiment-1.3745180

__ __

Good listening!

John Figliozzi
Editor, "The Worldwide Listening Guide"
New 7th edition now available from Universal Radio, Amazon and W5YI.com