Location: Sydney, NSW (Australia)
Date: 17.–18.11.2016

You are warmly invited to attend the Macquarie University Research
Centre for Agency, Values, and Ethics (CAVE) workshop, The History
and Philosophy of 'Race', which is designed to bring together
Australian and international philosophers and historians of 'race' to
nurture interaction and exchange on their shared research interests.
Our aim is to create a platform from which a mutually beneficial
dialogue between philosophers and historians of 'race' can be
established.

Keynote Speakers:

- Robert Bernasconi (PSU): "Race, Religion, and Conversion"
- Ron Mallon (WUSTL): "On Accumulation Mechanisms"

Profiles of our keynote speakers are on our website:
http://mq.edu.au/cave/visitors
Local Speakers:

- Albert Atkin (MQ): "Subaltern Prosopography and the Philosophy of
  Race"
- Andrew Gillett (MQ): "Race, Ethnicity, Others: Late Antiquity as a
  Site for Historical Recursion"
- Victoria Grieves (USYD): "History in the Age of Humans: Time,
  Aboriginal philosophy and the Rise of Racism"
- Adam Hochman (MQ): "Why the Metaphysics of Race Needs to Get
  Historical"
- Alison Holland (MQ): "Counting Race: Aboriginal Natives and
  Immigrant Races. The Investment in, and Politics of, Race in
  Interwar Australia"
- Jennifer Mensch (UWS): "German Anthropology between Blumenbach and
  Kant"
- Sarah Walsh (USYD): "The Aesthetics of Whiteness: Race and Visual
  Culture in Chile"
- Christine Winter (ANU): "Racial Ambiguity: Colonial Mixed Race
  Identity in the Asia-Pacific"

CAVE Workshop: The History and Philosophy of 'Race':
http://mq.edu.au/cave/events