Location: Colombo (Sri Lanka)
Date: 4.–6.5.2017
Deadline: 9.2.2017

The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM) along
with the Bridgewater State University proudly present The 3rd World
Conference on Women’s Studies – WCWS 2017 from 4th – 6th May 2017 in
Colombo, Sri Lanka under the theme “Building Resilience: Dialogue,
Collaboration and Partnerships across Our Differences”. This theme
does not imply that we overlook, deny or undermine the important
differences that characterize us and shape our lives and interests.
However, it does suggest that to build women’s movements that are
truly global in character, we must build inclusive coalitions that
broaden mutual awareness both by seeking commonalities across our
differences and by learning from one another’s unique circumstances.
In addition, we must be inclusive of our male and transgender allies,
and we hope to encourage scholars, activists, academicians, students,
and policymakers to learn from one another recognizing how historical
power dynamics across class, ethnicity, race, sexuality, gender and
nationality can be bridged. Because the vibrant field of Women’s
Studies spans the humanities, social, natural and physical sciences,
panels will include papers from across the disciplines.

Please submit the abstracts of your research papers according to the
given format on or before 9th February 2017.

All abstracts will undergo a double blind peer reviewing process by
world recognized International reviewers. All authors of the accepted
presentations should register before 13th April 2017 to be eligible
to be able to present at the conference. We recommend that you
register early and reserve your seat for this global gathering.

We also would like to encourage opportunities for publishing your
conference papers. As with WCWS 2016, the Journal of International
Women’s Studies (JIWS) will publish selected proceedings from the
conference. Participants can also choose to publish your papers in
supporting journals (research papers will follow conventional
processes of selection by the editorial board of relevant journal) or
in the TIIKM conference proceedings, which includes a DOI number and
Indexing.

We welcome you to submit a presentation proposal either for a
20-minute oral presentation or a poster presentation. Parallel
sessions are loosely grouped into streams reflecting overlapping
themes or disciplines. Each stream also has its own talking circle.
For those unable to attend the Conference in person, virtual
participation is also available.

WCWS 2017 welcomes your papers which are framed according to
following tracks (but not limited to):

- Self-Identity & Society
- Gender, Race and Class
- Women in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Underrepresented Women Groups- GLBTI Groups and Persons with
  Disabilities
- Feminist Pedagogies
- Women in Literature
- Feminist Science Studies
- Sociology of Gender
- Psychology of Women
- Women in European History
- Women in American History
- Women in Asian History
- Women in World History
- Women and Peace in South Asia
- Women and Migration Patterns
- Women and the Environment
- Women's Movements and Activism
- Gender, Culture and Representation
- Women, Relationships and Social Policy
- The Politics of Gender and Food
- Women, Violence and Victimization
- Processes for Women’s Networking and Organizing
- Women Empowerment and Agency
- Strategies for Building Allies
- Sex, Race and Popular Culture
- Women's Sexuality and the Body
- Gender, Science and Technology
- Women and Work
- Women, Development and Global Economy
- Gender and Development
- Gender and Transnational Economies
- Women, Law and Policy
- Sex, Power and Politics
- Reproductive Rights and Justice
- Rhetoric and Women’s Rights
- Gender, War and Peace
- Women and Violence

Abstract submission deadline : 9th February 2017
Submit your research paper to: abstr...@womenstudies.co

If accepted by the reviewing committee, your research findings are
entitled to all modes of Oral, Poster or Virtual presentations.
View Abstract guidelines: http://womenstudies.co/abstract-guidelines/

All the manuscripts will be published electronically with ISSN in
proceedings with a DOI number. Selected manuscripts will be published
in conference supporting journals for free of charge. All full papers
will be under double-blind review.

Contact:

3rd World Conference on Women's Studies
Conference Secretariat,