As I understand it, the star notation is the standard way of denoting the
injection of an entity from, say, the standard reals to the non-standard reals.
It is normally written as a prefix operator. Maybe we could do something using
our  ⋆ character. But we have two other naming conventions in NSA: the prefixes
hr and NS.

A lot of work needs to be done in order to bring this development up-to-date.
I’m glad to see that the star operator is now fully integrated into the
axiomatic type class system, but quite a lot of material made redundant by that
step is still present.

Larry