On 24/04/17 17:12, Andreas Lochbihler wrote:
> Sure. Whenever I have to push something to the Isabelle repository, I
> use the Jenkins testboard installation to see whether something broke.
> It works more reliably than the previous testboard infrastructure, which
> often ignored some commits.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

The previous testboard was called "Mira" and done by Alex Krauss and
Florian Haftmann some years ago. It would be also interesting to go back
to that: What were its aims and its approach? Why did it not work out?
How does that compare to the new testboard based on Jenkins?

In parallel (before and after Mira) we've had the older isatest. I don't
know if Mira ever had the ambition to replace isatest, but Jenkins tried
to do all that and failed. This was the start of my great worries about
the Isabelle administration and release infrastructure ...

        Makarius