On Monday 24 November 2008 03:26:54 Gary Desrochers wrote:
> I really am not trying to make an intel vs. amd thread.  I have many
> computers throughout the house.  Some are intel and some are amd.  I
> like this amd motherboard because of the simplicity of it for this
> system. Have you seen the problem?  Do you have the problem?  Do you
> have a solution?

Hi Gary,

Yes, it is a known problem. And yes, the root cause is buggy cx23416
firmware/hardware that combined with buggy DMA chipsets (VIA) can cause
these errors. You are using ivtv version 1.1.0 which has AFAIK all the
best workarounds for this issue. So try the suggested latency_timer
settings, try to upgrade to a 2.6.27 kernel for the latest 1.4.0 ivtv
driver (unlikely to make a difference, but easy to do) and if all fails
then a new motherboard is really the only solution.

Regards,

        Hans