Hello Manjiri,

as far as I am aware ant is able to create the classpath attribute for a
manifest file using a manifestclasspath task.

I understand that the application that you are working on is depending upon a
jar file which packages an implementation of spring which you do not want to
use.

Assuming this jar file is called badspring.jar here is what I would do

<manifestclasspath property=“myclasspath”>
    <classpath>
         <fileset dir=“lib”>
             <include name=“*.jar”/>
            <exclude name=“badspring.jar”/>
        </fileset>
       <pathelement location=“lib/badspring.jar”/>
   </classpath>
</manifestclasspath>

This way you make sure that lib/badspring.jar is at the end of the classpath
element in the manifest.

Another suggestion would be to repackage badspring.jar without the offending
classes and store that in your repository under a different org than the
original.

Regards,

Antoine

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/manifestclasspath.html