On 5/26/15, 9:08 AM, "Matěj Cepl" <mc...@cepl.eu> wrote:

>(a follow-up to the issue
>https://github.com/loqui/im/issues/732#issuecomment-105519240)
>
>I have a jabberd2 XMPP server on domain ceplovi.cz and I would
>like to connect to it with Loqui. It works perfectly well with
>pidgin, bitlbee, empathy, displays well on IM Observatory, but
>Loqui just ALWAYS ends with “Authentication failed” (it is not
>a temporary failure). The strange thing is that jabberd2 logs on
>the server don’t show any activity when I try to login.

The "Authentication Failed” message is likely a standard canned
response from Loqui when they can’t establish a connection with
your jabberd2 server.

>Loqui IM people do think that it is because of discrepancy
>between the implementation of XEP-198 by jabberd2 and (they say)
>more recent version of it expected by Loqui IM.

Are you able to rebuild jabberd2 from source? Enabling the debug
option and obtaining the detailed output can lead to better
information about the exact cause of the failure. Once rebuilt,
you can specify the file to send the debug output to in the
component config files. I would enable debug on router, c2s and
sm just in case. Streams codebase hasn’t changed in a while AFAIK.

For more info:
https://github.com/jabberd2/jabberd2/wiki/InstallGuide-Troubleshooting