On 2016-05-30, 08:31 GMT, Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> But it is far from modern too...
> There are some changes I would like to introduce in the near future and
> I would like to hear your thoughts about:

I completely agree with these comments:

1. It would be probably wise to maintain stable jabberd2 branch
   as long as the new jabberd2 (or dare I say jabberd3?) is
   being developed. One of the nice things about jabberd2 is
   that it is rather stable, so I would prefer if we still have
   some enteprise-production-stable version of jabberd2 until
   the jabberd3 gets to the same level of stability/maturity.

2. I really like the idea of JavaScript plugins/components, but
   I agree with other commenter that it should be made optional
   (or even it could be XEP-0114 external components itself?).
   Also, I would love if this functionality was in addition not
   as a replacement of XEP-0114 external components.

3. I guess you know
   https://metajack.wordpress.com/2008/08/26/choosing-an-xmpp-server/
   by heart, don't you? When doing large changes in the
   codebase, it would be probably prudent to take those
   objections into considertaion, especially database
   transaction “abuse”.

Best,

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mc...@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very
thing that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.
    -- Frederick Bastiat