Thanks for the reply.

> Note that vsync is not really guaranteed by
> BufferStrategy, no
>    matter if it's FSEM or windowed mode.

That's very sad to know. Is there an alternative to using BufferStrategy to
achieve vsync in Java?

> Hm, I don't believe we supported fullscreen mode
>  on Linux until
> 6, so I'm not sure how you could get it to work
>  there.

I think you are probably right. GraphicsDevice.isFullScreenSupported() returns
false. But does so both with 1.5 and 1.6!? So When I get a nice vsync in FSEM
with 1.5, it is probably the "fake" FSEM as described here:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/extra/fullscreen/exclusivemode.html

> Have you tried windowed mode on the same systems
>  with 6.0 or 5.0?
>   Do you get vsync then?

Same outcome. I get vsync with 1.5 but not 1.6.
[Message sent by forum member 'boyaci' (boyaci)]