Java 6u10 provides a method to modify widow opacity. On older machines, I
assume without hardware acceleration, setting a window to the non-opaque mode
leads to a very high CPU utilization. I wonder if there is a way to check the
availability of hardware acceleration?

Tested with Java build 1.6.0_10-rc-b27 on Windows XP.

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'wzberger' (wzberger)]