I added a ComponentListener to my VSync applet.

http://pancyl.com/VSync.htm

The listener just prints out the name of the received event, eg.
vsync.VSyncFS --- Resized
vsync.VSyncFS --- Shown

Observations:

The flashing border happens everytime vsync.VSyncFS gains focus.  That's
probably unnecessary.

When the taskbar is hidden or unhidden, no ComponentEvent is sent to
vsync.VSyncFS.  So if there are window/component related events being sent to
my Frame, I don't know what they are.

Also, I noticed that in IE6 when I'm loading the applet and I open the Java
Console from the tray icon, the screen is cleared for the Java Console before
it opens and that makes a funny spot in the Java Splash Screen.

DD
[Message sent by forum member 'demonduck' (demonduck)]