Hi Dmitri,

Well I have been quite happy to use an Applet but I found that it's very
problematic to avoid flickering on resizing when there are more than one
rendering threads.  I have one thread which is responsible for rendering the
basic layout of the screen and another which renders an animation.  I am
struggling a bit with resizing seemingly causing the back buffer to be cleared
but only when both threads have a different Graphics object for the draw
graphics.

Anyway, this isn't happening in my JFrame implementation of the same program so
I figured that perhaps if I change over to using JApplet and JPanel instead of
Applet and Canvas then maybe the problem would go away.

I have now managed to minimize the flickering by doing a full re-render when a
resize is detected and the second thread is active.  There is still a small
degree of flickering but it is probably acceptable and as good as it is going
to get :-)

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)