Hi Dmitri,

thanks for your answer.
My java version is jre1.6.0_07. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium.

The output after setting J2D_TRACE_LEVEL= 4 is

[W] GetFlagValues: DDraw/D3D is disabled on Windows Vista
[W] GetFlagValues: DDraw screen locking is disabled (W2K, XP+)
[ I ] InitDirectX
[V] CheckRegistry: Found Display Device 0: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
[ I ] InitDirectX
[V] CheckRegistry: Found Display Device 0: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Display mode set to: (1024,768,32)
Image Caps. isAccelerated: false
Image Caps. isTrueVolatile: false
Buffer Caps. isPageFlipping: false
Buffer Caps. Flip Contents: false
Buffer Caps. Full-screen Required: false
Buffer Caps. MultiBuffers: false
[ I ] InitDirectX
[V] CheckRegistry: Found Display Device 0: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

The first line of the output is very interesting. I will have to look into
that. Do you have an clue how to enable DDraw/D3D? Why is it disabled??

Greetings

Andreas
[Message sent by forum member 'meix' (meix)]