Hi again,

I just "solved" it by setting the compatibility mode of java.exe to XP. Now I
get

[W] GetFlagValues: DDraw screen locking is disabled (W2K, XP+)
[ I ] InitDirectX
[V] CheckRegistry: Found Display Device 0: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
[ I ] CreateDevice: lpGUID=0x3acfa8 hMon=0x10001
[ I ] DDSetupDevice
[ I ] DDraw::CreateDDPrimarySurface: back-buffers=0
[V] DDSetupDevice: successfully created primary surface
[V] DDSetupDevice: successfully setup ddraw device
Image Caps. isAccelerated: true
Image Caps. isTrueVolatile: true
Buffer Caps. isPageFlipping: true
Buffer Caps. Flip Contents: Prior
Buffer Caps. Full-screen Required: true
Buffer Caps. MultiBuffers: true
Current Display Mode: (1280,1024,32,60)

[ I ] InitDirectX
[V] CheckRegistry: Found Display Device 0: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Display mode set to: (1024,768,32)
   etc...... (lots more)

Looks good, but I'm wondering if there is a better way.
In another forum I found that java 6 uses DirectX 7 (DirectDraw) which can
"collide" with Vista's Desktop Window Manager.

Regards

Andreas
[Message sent by forum member 'meix' (meix)]