Hi Maik,

  Where and how do you get the graphics configuration that you use to
  validate the VolatileImage? Could you print it out and see if it
  changes when you move the window from one screen to another?

  You can also print out the device this GraphicsConfiguration
  belongs to. It should change.

  Another point is to verify that the VolatileImage is actually
  accelerated (using getCapabilities() call). If it's not, it doesn't
  need to be recreated when moved from one screen to another.

  Thanks,
    Dmitri

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

I have a VolatileImage as backbuffer for my graphic. This graphic is placed in
a dialog which can be moved by the user from one screen to the other.

Each time before I render my graphic into that memory, I start a
viBackbuffer.validate(this.getGraphicsConfiguration) command. This works fine
on my development system (. Each time the dialog moves to an other screen, I
create a message on the console that validate() found a new environment and
creates a new compatible backbuffer.
On the machine where the app has to run, it appears (quite often) that the
validate call does not recognize that the backbuffer is located on an other
screen. I have to drag the dialog several times from one screen to the other
until validate() gets it.

I use JRE6 update 10 b25 on both machines as runtime. The development system
runs a Pentium D 3.2GHz, 1GB RAM, Geforce 7600GS, WinXP SP2. The other machine
is a Pentium M 1,8GHz, 1GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 9000.

Is there something I can do to make validate a reliable call?

Thanks,
Maik
[Message sent by forum member 'kiamur' (kiamur)]