Hi Dmitri,

thanks for your effort!

I will try your code on monday, when I am back at work.

Anyway, to answer the questions from your first answer today:

Firstly, yes, I am sure that no other thread updates my graphicConfiguration
field.

The other answer is that meanwhile I do print out the device ID of that field
and, as I previously wrote, it does NOT always print out the correct ID on my
target system. However, on my development system the same code DOES always
print out the correct device ID.
Could this be a performance issue because my target system is significally
slower (but in my opinion not too slow) than my development system?

Regards,
Maik
[Message sent by forum member 'kiamur' (kiamur)]