> Could you please provide the source for this
> statement?  I'd like to read more about it.  I have a
> GME965 on Fedora 10.
> "Also note that no intel chip currently
> supports the OpenGL pipeline,

The intel opengl drivers on Linux are even more broken than their windows/OSX
counterparts, and for games usually between 2x-?x slower:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_macosx&num=2

Because some missing features the OpenGL pipeline simply refuses to start, . I
read somewhere about it, but I don't have a link, sorry.
I am not sure but I guess it does not even support pbuffers, so currently
without FBOs or pbuffers the pipeline doesn't have any path for allocating
offscreen images.

Fourtunalty with Mesa-7.4 there will be GLSL support, and with DRI2 even
support for FBOs.

> it does not even
> support the D3D pipeline on windows because of driver
> bugs."
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6620073 (disables the D3D pipeline when
an intel gpu is detected)
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6599742

- Clemens
[Message sent by forum member 'linuxhippy' (linuxhippy)]