Hi people. I create an image like so:

image = getGraphicsConfiguration().createCompatibleImage(width, height,
Transparency.BITMASK);

and I draw to it and then draw the image to the screen and everything works
fine. However, at some stage I want to clear it so I do this:

ig2.setComposite(AlphaComposite.getInstance(AlphaComposite.CLEAR, 0.0f));
ig2.fillRect(0, 0, width, height);

and draw it back to the compoment but the things that I have drawn before are
still visible. If I minimise the window and then show it again, the old things
are removed as expected.

How do I force this change through without having to minimise and show the
window?

Thanks, Paul.
[Message sent by forum member 'boomah' (boomah)]