Hi,

before I'm updating a public API I would like to know if there is any issue
concerning the use of 'drawImage' including Y-flipping as in version 'A'?

What about performance? It seems that both methods, 'A' and 'B', run at the
same speed.

The JPanel and BufferedImage instances have the same size.

[code]
@Override

    super.paintComponent(g);

    if (isYUp)
        // A.
        g.drawImage(bImage,
                    // Destination rectangle
                    0, height, width, 0,
                    // Source rectangle
                    0, 0,      width, height, null);
    else
        // B.
        g.drawImage(bImage, 0, 0, null);
}

[/code]
Are there any alternatives to flip an image during drawing?

My intention is to avoid image copying per 'System.arraycopy(..)' and to save
up to 7 ms per frame during 3D rendering for an image of the size 1500x1100.
Many thanks in advance.

August
[Message sent by forum member 'interactivemesh' (interactivemesh)]