Hi all,
I am trying to create a BufferedImage manually (e.g. via the constructor) and i
am using the DirectColorModel and the SinglePixelPackedSampleModel. I am trying
to find the optimal models in order to have an image that is rendered fast.
When i use the getDefaultConfiguration().createCompatibleImage method, i get an
image with the exact same models.

My problem is that the BufferedImage i create myself does not render as fast as
the compatible one. I have compared every little detail between the 2, yet the
compatible always renders much faster. Do i miss something?

Of course, it's simple to make convert my BufferedImage to a compatible one
with an extra step, but this is exactly what i want to avoid (to speed up
display).

Can anyone give me some hint here? Is there some special accelleration
connected with the images that are created through the 'createCompatibleImage'
method?

Thanks,
Costas
[Message sent by forum member 'csterg' (csterg)]