Good afternoon Jaws Users group. When I refreshed my PC, I decided to leave
word 2010 off of my computer for now. But I could not stand to not have any
office sounds in outlook 2016 or in word 2016. So after doing some searching
and playing around with the below steps, I finally figured out how to get the
office sounds working if you are just using the latest Outlook or word without
any prior office versions on your computer.
Warning, first go to file explorer options, view tab, change to allow hidden
folders, tab to the OK button, press enter.
Now go and download the office sounds from the Microsoft website.

  1.  Run sounds.exe - it will give you an error message.  Don't click this
error message away.
Just leave the error message opened on your computer.
With the error message still up, go to your AppData folder (HDD:\Users\**Your
username**\appdata\local\temp, and search for sounds.msi, and run it with
Admin rights.
*This is where I was confused for a minute.
Go to users/your users name/appdata/local/temp.
Press Control+E, for the search edit, type, sounds.msi
Now tab until you here the full path of the sound.exe file, press enter.
Say yes to users account, the office sounds install dialog will now come up for
you.
Follow all the prompts, close this window and the open error message window
message you left open.
*Step two.
After this installation completes, go into Office or Word, and disable the
option "Provide feedback with sound" if already checked, close your app, reload
and re-enable it.  If already enabled, just enable it, other words, just press
the spacebar, make sure it is checked, tab to OK, press enter.

  *   Follow my directions, I just opened up word 2016 and did the following.

  1.  Press ALT+F, followed by the letter T, for word options.
  2.  Go to the advanced tab.
  3.  Faster to Shift+Tab, and go to, Provide feedback with sound checkbox.
  4.  I pressed the spacebar to uncheck, and pressed the spacebar to check it
again, tab to the OK button, press enter.
  5.  Now close word 2016, open it again, you should have sounds.
  6.  This is fantastic, I finally have my sounds back in outlook 2016 and word
2016, with no prior word products installed on my computer.

Good luck... Smiles.