I have a similar problem except it occurs whether it is Word, Word Pad or Note Pad. I have gone back to using Jaws 16, where the same thing still happens but not nearly as often. Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Behler
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:58 AM
To: 'Jaws users list'
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Continued Jaws Crashing

Hello, everyone.

It seems that I have narrowed the Jaws crashing issue on my current Windows
7 computer down to the following sequence of events.

Jaws seems to crash when I exit Microsoft Word while Outlook is also open.
Once this happens, Jaws will stop speaking, and I can't re-activate Jaws
either via the usual Alt Control J shortcut, or the Windows R command.

The only way I can re-start Jaws is to do a hard shut-down of the computer.

My sighted wife says Jaws looks like it is still up on the screen, but she
can't do anything to re-activate it either, short of manually shutting down
the computer.

Does anyone have a sequence of steps to get out of this issue?

Does anyone know if FS is aware of the problem??

I did not have this problem prior to  updateing to Jaws 18.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan