No external sound card. I will try narrator, but my sighted friend doesn't see any thing out of the ordinary when this happens and she can't do any thing with the mouse. Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Subash
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2017 1:50 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Continued Jaws Crashing

Hi Tom, are you using an external sound card?
Reason, I am, and whenever jaws crashes, I just unplug and plug it back and
it resolve the problem.
Another thing to try, if you have another screen reader, or narrator, load
it before you exit word and see if there is any message.
-----Original Message----- From: Tom Behler