I got these steps to repair jaws from VFO themselves.
Try running a repair on the JAWS® screen reading software and see if this makes
a difference. If not, I need you to email me back providing me with log files
of the crash. These steps follow the repair instructions below:

Download the JAWS® screen reading software version 18.0 February 2017 update to
the root of the hard drive from one of the links below:

• JAWS 18.0.2738 64-bit English - April 2017

http://jaws18.vfo.digital/2738MJ100T/J18.0.2738enu-x64.exe

• JAWS 18.0.2738 32-bit English - April 2017

http://jaws18.vfo.digital/2738MJ100T/J18.0.2738enu-x86.exe

Once the file is on the root of your hard drive, take the steps below to run a
repair and see if the issue persist.

1.            Activate the run dialog “windows key+r”

2.            Type in:

c:\J18.0.2738enu-x64.exe /type repair

or

c:\J18.0.2738enu-x86.exe /type repair

And hit enter

Once the repair is complete, see if the issue persist.

my question is what’s the root of the harddrive?

Email is golden!!!
Kevin Lee