Hi Adrian and all. I apologize for the repeated post. I'm not sure what
happened the first time but I received a delivery status email and also a copy
of my own post, so I wasn't sure if it got through the first time.

I agree that, normally, a dictionary would be sufficient for looking up
prefixes and a google search would suffice for suffixes. However, when one is
trying to correct Braille or scanning errors, and cannot remember what the
original text was, I wasn't sure if these tools would be enough. Sometimes the
suffixes I'm trying out are less like "tion" or "ology" and more like "ns" or
"ts". These two suffixes possibly have been what was originally meant when I
typed "bear contraction", followed by an so. As an Braille user will know, the
"bear contraction" has similar fingering positions to a t or an n, except that
both latter letters require an extra dot. So this project requires a bit of
lateral thinking, and is quite exhausting.

By the way, I am telling myself that prevention is better than cure, that
typing a little slower and proof-reading my typing before exiting might save me
trouble later on - all the usual stuff, but when typing to dictation, even if
it's for one's own use and not for professional purposes, does require quite
fast typing and I often forget to check it straight afterward. (groan, groan).

Anyway, thanks very much for your suggestions and I'll keep them in mind for
the future.

Cheers!

Michele