How do we know which books have advance typing set?
 Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Eric Damery
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:11 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Kindle with Jaws

Here is the details. Note that you this only works with books that have
"Enhanced Typesetting".

Amazon Kindle App Support

JAWS now supports reading books in Amazon's Kindle for PC app version 1.19
and later, eliminating the need for users to have to install a special
Kindle for PC with Accessibility Plugin. This enables users to access books
purchased through the Amazon Kindle store right on their Windows PC using
both speech and braille. Books can be navigated using all standard reading
commands including reading by character, word, line, paragraph, and
continuously with Say All. As JAWS reads, pages turn automatically so you
can enjoy a book without interruption.

JAWS can only access Kindle books that support Enhanced Typesetting. The
product details for the book on the Amazon web site indicates if Enhanced
Typesetting is enabled. This exposes the necessary information to screen
readers and provides access to the book content.

Tip: Pressing CTRL+HOME or CTRL+END while reading a Kindle book moves to the
top or bottom of the current page instead of the top or bottom of the
document as in other applications. To move to the beginning or end of the
book, you can use the Go to Location dialog box which is accessed using the
Kindle command CTRL+G.

Regards,
Eric