From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Jim Flusche
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:43 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] One Drive

Hi Tom, these instructions should work the same way for W-7.
How to set up and use the OneDrive back up for yourself and how to share a
folder with others.
*for windows 10, Open your personal folder link under the start area if you
have it set up that way, go down to OneDrive, press enter.
*do this in Windows 7: Or, type OneDrive into the search edit box, press
enter on OneDrive desktop app.
Or, if OneDrive is on your Taskbar, press enter on it there, or press  its
shortcut keystroke windows key+the number of its order on the Taskbar.
*do this in windows 10, Or, press the windows key, up or down arrow to, All
apps, press enter.
Press the letter O, down arrow to one drive, press the enter key, press
enter on OneDrive.
Now you will be in a list of default OneDrive folders, that you can use, or
you can create your own folders in OneDrive.
In this example, I will create my own folder under the main default folder
list of OneDrive.
While you are in the list of default folders under the main OneDrive folder
list.
1. Press Control+shift+N, for new folder.
2. In this example, I will type the name, "Jaws users", then press enter to
create this new folder.
3. Copy the files or folders you wish to back-up, and paste them into this
new Jaws Users folder.
Do the same thing if you wish to share this folder with others by a OneDrive
link , copy and paste any files into this new folder to share them with
others.
Now we need to sink our OneDrive folders if you wish too, you do not have to
sink your OneDrive folders if you do not want too.
4. Highlight the new folder, in my case, Jaws users, do not press enter.
5. Press the applications key, down arrow to, Choose OneDrive folders to
sink, press enter.
6. Now, you can choose a check-box to sink all folders.
Or, uncheck this, tab to the list view of folders, only check the folders
you wish to sink to your computer by pressing the Spacebar on each folder.
After checking all the folders you wish to sink, tab to OK, press enter.
Now, How to share this new OneDrive folder and its contents, with others
through a OneDrive link.
7. Now, highlight your new folder, in my case, Jaws users, do not press
enter.
8. Press the Applications key, go down to, Share a OneDrive link, press
enter.
By pressing Enter, This automatically pastes, a OneDrive link to this
folder, that you can share with others, into the clipboard.
9. Now, open an email to the person you wish to give access to this OneDrive
folder and all its content, in my case the Jaws users list.
10. Paste the OneDrive link into the email, this will give that person a
link to access the folder you are sharing with them.
What does it mean to sink your OneDrive folders?
When you choose to sink your OneDrive folders on your computer.
You have a mirror copy of these files online, on your OneDrive page.
You also place a mirror copy of these files in your OneDrive folder on your
computer.
Now, the advantage of doing it this way is:
When you are inside the OneDrive folder and inside a text file in one of
your shared folders, for example.
Whatever changes you make to that text document on your computer, are
automatically changed in the text document stored in OneDrive on line.
Can I use the default folders of OneDrive, to place my audio or text files
into for back up, or for sharing with others?
Yes, you can use them the same way, as I explained above.
OneDrive is a cool and easy way, to share large audio or text files with
others.
Microsoft gives each person a free 5 GB's of storage space on OneDrive.
*Tip, when you sink folders, you are taking up room in your OneDrive folder,
what ever the size of the one drive folder on line is also taking up room on
your C: drive as a mirror copy.
I am currently sharing two OneDrive links to two different folders on my
OneDrive on my computer, with no issues.