From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Ted Larson
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 2:24 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] jaws takes a nap after fifteen seconds

Dear List:

I recently migrated from Window-eyes to the latest version of Jaws.  I have a
windows ten computer.  No matter what application I am in, with the exception
of Open Book, Jaws will start to nod off after fifteen seconds from when I last
pressed a key.  Thus, if I wait for fifteen seconds before pressing a key, Jaws
takes a half second to respond.  If I type the letter w, for example, I will
only hear the final syllable.  I tried using the Eloquence, Realspeak, and the
sapi voices and different persons within them to see if the problem would go
away.  So, what next should I try?  Thanks for any ideas.  Regards:  Ted Larson