You can use the OCR feature of jaws using Insert+space, then O, and then either S or W/ This will activate the JAWS cursor. you can get a little more information on how the scan is progressing--how many files have been scanned and a file name. Tjere won't be an estimated time of completion. A Vipre tech told me he thought they would be working more with JAWS on this. I hope so, because otherwise, the program is indeed accesible. He told me that there is no way that Vipre can give an estimated time of completion.

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:52 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] vipre advance security is it jaws accessible

it takes some getting use to tabbing around  but it is accessible without
using the jaws cursor.  you can set schedule scans, I have the lifetime
subscription and I've not run into any virus problems or any high jacked
issues.  I have gotten those web messages your computer may be compromised
call this number and we'll help clean your computer, if you don't call we'll
be forced to disable your computer!  but all I do is manually restart my
computer and all is fine.  just to be safe I run a scan. I'm using vipre
right out of the box with really no changed settings except I turned off MS
Edge scanning cuz I don't use edge.
when running a scan jaws can't announce any of the scan but when vipre is
done, you can get results mine is usually vipre finished the scan and no
threats were found.  once you get use to vipre you'll be able to tell when a
scan is finished.
-----Original Message----- From: Dennis Long