Hi folks,

We have some problems with remote access to JMS in 3.2.2final on linux.

If I try to access a queue on a remote host running 3.2.2final,
the access fails with the following exception:

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Cannot authenticate user; - nested throwable:
(java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused)
        at org.jboss.mq.Connection.authenticate(Connection.java:883)
        at org.jboss.mq.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:238)
        at org.jboss.mq.SpyConnection.<init>(SpyConnection.java:49)
        at
org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection(SpyConnectionFactory.java:135)
        at de.schlund.j2ee.jms.tinyclient.sender.Client.setUp(Client.java:83)
        at de.schlund.j2ee.jms.tinyclient.sender.Client.run(Client.java:135)
        at de.schlund.j2ee.jms.tinyclient.sender.Client.main(Client.java:161)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:169)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
        at javax.net.DefaultSocketFactory.createSocket(DashoA6275)
        at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILServerIL.createConnection(UILServerIL.java:579)
        at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILServerIL.getSocketMgr(UILServerIL.java:500)
        at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILServerIL.authenticate(UILServerIL.java:302)
        at org.jboss.mq.Connection.authenticate(Connection.java:876)
        ... 6 more

If I have a local JBoss running, everything works fine, except that the client
connects to this local JBoss.

Some more hints:

- Since I can connect to a 3.2.2RC4 with exactly the same configuration,
  neither the authentication nor the client is the problem.

- Local access to queues works fine (sending messages and consuming messages
  with message driven beans).

- Remote message driven beans are not working any more (they worked in 3.2.2RC4)

- I tried any combination of jbossall-client.jar and servers. The problem is
  strictly bound to the 3.2.2final server.

- Access to remote jndi and session beans works fine.

BTW: If I explicitly state, that I want to use a remote server, I do expect
exceptions if that server cannot serve me. However, I do not expect my local
JBoss to jump in and serv me. With this behaviour I never know to which queue
messages are sent. If the messages are only consumed on the remote host, they
might go to my local JBoss and will never be consumed, which is equivalent to
a loss of messages.

My code is as follows:
        String url = "node:1099";
        String connectionFactory = "UIL2ConnectionFactory";

        properties.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
        properties.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", url);

cat.debug("Trying to connect to queue " + queueName + " on " + url);

InitialContext jndiContext = new InitialContext(properties);

        QueueConnectionFactory queueFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory)
PortableRemoteObject.narrow(jndiContext.lookup(connectionFactory),
QueueConnectionFactory.class);
        QueueConnection queueConnection = queueFactory.createQueueConnection("foo",
"bar");

Grtngs,
        Dietmar

--
Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Inform. Dietmar Posselt, M.S.
Unix Development, Schlund + Partner AG, Brauerstr. 48, 76135 Karlsruhe

"Life is like a box of chocolate - You never know what you gonna get"