RFE in sourceforge sounds good to me. The methods you mention have been
there since 3.0.5.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Ward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2003 16:33
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: [JBoss-user] help clearing a single user from
authentication cache

I just upgraded from jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12 to
jboss-3.0.6_tomcat-4.1.18.  I noticed a LOT more methods in the
JaasSecurityManagerService.  The methods are now:

getPrincipal()
registerSecurityDomain()
isValid()
start()
create()
doesUserHaveRole()
getAuthenticationCachePrincipals()
stop()
getUserRoles()
flushAuthenticationCache()
destroy()

Oh, how I wish there was a removeAuthenticationCachePrincipal() that
took a String username or Principal!

Should I submit an RFE at sourceforge, or can I beg the powers-that-be
(Scott?) to add it to a 3.0.7?  Or maybe there's a way to accomplish
what I want in 3.0.6 that I don't know about?

Thanks,
David

--

Meyer-Willner, Bernhard escribió::
> Very interesting! I would like to do the same. I'm already using the
method
> java.util.List getAuthenticationCachePrincipals() which I believe is
> available only since 3.0.5 to get a List of the principals currently in
the
> authentication cache. I looked up the JaasSecurityManager directly from
the
> MBeanServer since also my lookup of java:/timedCacheFactory failed. I
don't
> see a method to evict a single user from the cache, just all by calling
> flushAuthenticationCache. Is there a method like this? Besides...something
> else...would it be possible to show the meanings of the parameters of
MBean
> operations in JMX Console. Sometimes it's kind of hard to guess what they
> mean and it's kind of cumbersome to look it up in the Javadocs.
>
> Thanks,
> Bernhard

org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsConnectionFactoryImpl)
>    +- ConnectionFactory (class: org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionFactory)
>    +- jaas (class: javax.naming.Context)
>    |   +- JmsXARealm (class:
> org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
>    |   +- jbossmq (class:
org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
>    |   +- docs (class: org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
>    +- timedCacheFactory (class: javax.naming.Context)
> Failed to lookup: timedCacheFactory, errmsg=null
>    +- TransactionPropagationContextExporter (class:
> org.jboss.tm.TransactionPropagationContextFactory)
>    +- Mail (class: javax.mail.Session)
>    +- StdJMSPool (class: org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSessionPoolFactory)
>    +- TransactionPropagationContextImporter (class:
> org.jboss.tm.TransactionPropagationContextImporter)
>    +- DocsDS (class:
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalDataSource)
>    +- TransactionManager (class: org.jboss.tm.TxManager)

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s)
only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject
to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any
other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.