Use this guide.  I have extremely limited knowledge of Webservices and SSL, and
I was able to get my java client talking to my WS thru SSL using it:

http://java.sys-con.com/read/216388.htm

The only confusing part of the guide is at the end where he instructs you to
create your own SSLSocketFactory for Axis to use.  He references Listing 5, but
the code referenced is not a complete class.  What I did was encapsulated the
code in a new class:

public class MySocketFactory extends JSSESocketFactory  {
  |    ... code from Listing 5 ...
  | }

You will get one compile error on the line that says:
factory = context.getSocketFactory();
Simply change 'factory' to sslFactory, which is inherited from
JSSESocketFactory.

Then, in order to have Axis use your new SSLSocketFactory, you simply need to
set the system property: "axis.socketSecureFactory" to
"com.****.MySocketFactory"

Hope that helps!

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004021#4004021