On 28 Jan 2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Well .... what is the way to remove earlier speedbar , and
> especially how to do it correctly if I already installed
> speedbar with almost tha default paths?  Thanks in advance.

First, try this for an example.

   At a command prompt type, "emacs --no-site-file --no-init-file"

What you see in the Emacs instance with zero customizations.

   Now type "C-h v load-path [ret]"

The answer you see in the mini-buffer is the default load-path
for every Emacs instance.

Now, in this default Emacs instance's *scratch* buffer, add the
line,

(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/emacs/site-lisp/speedbar")

Now, at the end of that above line, type C-x C-e.

See how the path you explicitly typed is added before the default
one you saw before?  Actually, do the C-x C-e again.  See how
nothing changed?

So, use add-to-list on the load-path variable in your .emacs and
whatever paths you add will be traversed before the default
paths.

The last thing you, of course, must make sure of is that the
paths you specify point to the _exact_ path of the speedbar.

--
Galen Boyer