Hello to all.

I have been watching some of the email traffic on this newsletter and
I have yet to see a newbie question. Please forgive me if I am asking
the wrong forum.

I am trying to setup XEmacs as my Java IDE and to that effect I have
installed the JDE.  My current configuration is as follows:

Linux:    2.4 from SuSE 7.1
XEmacs    21.4
JDE       1.43*
eieio     1.04*
elib      1.10*
semantic  1.17*
speedbar  1.26*

*(version information reported by the package admin tool)

I am running this on a headless multiprocessor pentium, to which I
login from a Windows 2000 box running Reflection X.

I have been able to edit, compile and run my java source.  However I
have not been able to debug.

I am using JDEbug with the following configuration:

(custom-set-variables
 '(jde-db-classic-mode-vm t)
 '(jde-jdk-registry (quote (("1.4.1" . "/usr/local/java/jdk"))))
 '(jde-sourcepath (quote ("~/companyx/test")))
 '(jde-debugger (quote ("JDEbug"))))

Every time I try to set a breakpoint I get the following error in the
minibuffer:

(Symbol's function definition is void: line-beginning-position)

When I try to exit the JDEbug I get the following error in the
minibuffer:

(Symbol's value as variable is void: old-assoc)

When I start the debugger everything seems to work fine, the following
is a capture of the output

*** Debugger Output for Process companyx.test.CThread(1) ***

Debugger waiting for Emacs to connect to app SIO port 33134.
vm started...
All threads suspended...
Launch command line:
  java -classic  companyx.test.CThread

Emacs connected to standard IO port 33134 for process companyx.test.CThread.
VM options: '-classic '
Launched VM Java Debug Interface (Reference Implementation) version 1.4
Java Debug Wire Protocol (Reference Implementation) version 1.4
JVM Debug Interface version 1.2
JVM version 1.4.1 (Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, mixed mode)
initSIOConnect: starting standard I/O handshake.
initSIOConnect: starting SIO connect thread.
Running companyx.test.CThread.
Debugger connected to standard I/O socket.

I have read all the documentation that I can find.  Please any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Jaime