MP> Hi, Just my two cents, I'm a lisp-wimp as I am sure are many of
MP> the users of JDEE, but a good Java programmer.  If there was some
MP> way that I could write JDEE extensions in Java for at least some
MP> subset of plug-in functionality that would be great since I never
MP> seem to find the time to really learn lisp.  I realize it might be
MP> too much to accommodate us lisp-wimps, but just keep it in mind if
MP> it turns out to be not such a big deal to go in this direction.

One of the things I think it would be easy to do early on is providing
a command that prompts for a Java interface and will code-generate the
elisp functions to match up with and be able to invoke the java
interface.  I think a good plugin architecture for the JDE will allow
non-Elispers to get along with a minimal knowledge.

There could be a fair amount of automation that, given a minimal
amount of initial java code, could:

1.  Generate the Elisp code.
2.  Package/jar everything up according to the JDEE's plugin package
    structure.

Also, over time, it would be nice to flesh out some standard JDEE Java
APIs for prompting for user input, so there would be virtually no need
at all to write custom elisp!

/Nick